Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community
- To raise the standards of home life; To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well being of all children and youth
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
Mission Statement of the California State PTA
The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families. Adopted August 2013
California State PTA Core Values
The California State PTA is a professional, nonprofit
volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all
We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure
that all children develop to their full potential.
We believe parents are children’s first teachers and that
parent involvement is essential throughout a child’s
We believe that family is the basic unit of society
responsible for the support and nurturing of all children,
and we recognize that “the family” may be defined in
We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the
safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for
a quality public education for each child.
For more information, visit: www.capta.org