The Long Beach Press-Telegram is again launching its popular Scary Stories contest for Long Beach area youth. Winning entries – both stories and artwork – will be published in the Press-Telegram on Halloween, Oct. 31. The rules are the same as last year, with three age categories for stories and drawings:
Elementary grades (K-5)
Middle grades (6-8)
High school grades (9-12)
Here are the rules:
- The deadline is Monday, Oct. 23.
- All entries must be emailed, with the entrant’s name and grade, and the subject line “Scary Stories,” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Stories can be submitted in the body of the email, or as a Word attachment.
- Drawings should be submitted in JPEG format, no larger than 5MB in size.
- Stories must be no longer than 650 words.
- Artwork must be original (no tracings).
Entries will be judged based on imagination, creativity and theme.The winning entries will be published in the Press-Telegram on Oct. 31, and posted online at www.presstelegram.com/. If you have any questions, e-mail Press-Telegram City Editor Melissa Evans at email@example.com or call 562-499-1280.